Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sweet Lorraine


I am so blessed to have wonderful people around me in my shared studio space at The Broadway Artists Cooperative, when we are all painting, and enjoying the process, the feeling of happiness floats through the room so wonderfully. I am beginning a new series of portraits of people, and I thought I would begin with those around me first. This is a sketch of Lorraine Toler who is a studio mate of mine. I am having a fun time with this...there will definitely be more to come! This is also another "Creative November" post....I have been creative everyday, I really have, just not as good at scanning/uploading images to this blog as I should be!

8 comments:

Sherrie Phillips said...

Lovely portrait. Can't wait to see more.

amy said...

This is wonderful. Thanks for sharing her!

amy
a fellow aedm follower and wa resident.
:)

linda said...

Wow, fabulous portrait...I love the loose sketchy lines. Looking forward to seeing more!

Melony said...

Very nice portrait! And I clicked over to your flickr page - love love love the animal portraits!

Anonymous said...

This is a GREAT idea...almost as good as a visit to your studio. Your spirit is showing through. Following your blog is fun lady. Thanks for inspiration.
jjg

Jena said...

Wow, I am blown away by the positive feedback I am getting from everyone. You have no idea how I struggle with presenting my images to people, hoping for approval, dreading critique. I have gotten so much more out of participating in Creative Art Month than I thought I would. Thank you everyone for the good feelings!

Lorraine Toler Blog said...

Jena, I am the blessed one. The studio, the creative process and my life are better for having you in it.

Keep up the great work sister! You are amazing!

Lorraine

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

Jena, you have a really strong talent. I especially enjoy your compositions that incorporate lyrical lines without it feeling overdone. I'll be back to see more from you!