Monday, November 23, 2009

AEDM entry...



Art Every Day Month entry for today, a smiling mutt! This happy dude was so much fun to do, play around with....I scanned a piece of wood from the garage, and then painted upon it...white and black only, I really like this effect. Perhaps more to come...I hear a kitty in my future!

Today I retrieved my Bride from The Phinney Ridge Neighborhood Association gallery. Sadly she didn't sell, but she sure had a blast being up there! I will be hanging her down at The 253 Collective again for this weekend.

10 comments:

rachel said...

This is a VERY cool picture. I love it.

Unknown said...

He brought a big smile to my face!

Lori Spindler said...

I wish I had a dog like this! You made him look so friendly. Beautiful work! I love the wood concept too...what a novel idea.

Chrissy Foreman C said...

Wow ~ he's beautiful! It looks like a wood carve print actually; really interesting and unique painting technique!

Kelly said...

I love the idea of scanning a real object to create a textured background. How clever. Your pooch is adorable!

Leah said...

Oh my, I adore this!! Such great energy to it and I love the look of the black and white on wood.

Norma Schlager said...

I really like this, too. The idea of using the wood grain scan as a base is so clever. You've captured the happy dog feeling perfectly!

http://www.adesiretogetcreative.com said...

He is so happy and playful. Great job!

Sharon said...

What a happy guy! I love him!

Jena said...

I loved scanning the wood and creating on top of that background! I have now finished another image. this time of a cat. I wonder what else I could use to make a cool background....hmmmmm (the brain starts a buzzing!)