Monday, January 3, 2011

42 Sketches



Boy oh boy how I love to start things! Finishing things....yeah, not so good. But this year will be different, yeah, right.

Anyway, fellow facebook friend Michaela Eaves started a habit last year, a very good one. For the first 6 weeks of the year, she sketches one picture.

Now, let's be honest here, I am doing more than just sketching on a daily basis. Sure there are the days when the laundry keeps me from my studio, but I try to get into my studio as regularly as possible. I try. I really do. Ugh.

Anyway, the thing about a sketch is that it is risk free. You don't have to finish it in any particular state, you don't even have to have a prepared substrate or fancy art materials. You just have to sit your tookas down and draw.

So I have two, (already falling behind, as today is the 3rd) and I am willing to share them here. Not loving them, but keeping myself honest here.

So, lest you be judged, this might be all I get out of this challenge, so don't you go crankin' at me about how I only got &^* out of 43 done! I am going to try anyway. And if I don't get a finished sketch done (whatever that may be) I will try and get a something uploaded of some of my artist habits here.

If you wish to see more, hop over to flickr to check out the group pool. There are not a ton of us, but there are a few, and it is fun to see a group doing things together right? Even if it is only virtually!


No comments: