Friday, December 4, 2009

Best of 2009: Favorite Trip



I like a challenge, and reflecting back on my year, so I have decided to try this new blog challenge, hosted by Gwen Bell at "The Best of 2009 Blog Challenge". Already I am behind schedule (oh, whoops, it is December 4th already...got some catch up to do!), but that is okay, I am going to be kind to myself and not worry about it! Perhaps this is a life lesson I am finally learning!

Over the last 6 years, my family and I have been incredibly fortunate to visit many crazy exotic amazing locations. Thailand, South Africa, Egypt, Italy, France, Ghana, Zanzibar, and on, and on, and on. We are, however, no longer living the expat lifestyle of traveling every three to five months, and we do not have cash left to spare extravagant trips any longer.

This year we did, however, go ahead and take an amazing trip to Washington D.C. It was a cultural experience. It was a learning opportunity. It allowed our family to reconnect and have fun traveling and learning and seeing many new, crazy cool things all week long.

Cherry Blossoms, The White House, Annapolis, Baltimore, Mt. Vernon, The Smithsonian collections....wow, really great stuff!

No comments: